Dark Productions V.2!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religious Debates 2: The Return

+5
Zola
HAWKEYE44
Shayphis
Shift
Damian
9 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Religious Debates 2: The Return - Page 3 Empty Re: Religious Debates 2: The Return

Post by HAWKEYE44 Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:01 am

Well, we are supposed to pray for others, not ourselves so much.
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Religious Debates 2: The Return - Page 3 Empty Re: Religious Debates 2: The Return

Post by Shift Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:51 am

its the whole pay for someone elses xbox and then not be allowed to play it deal
Shift
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HAWKEYE44 Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:31 am

Haha, well, you can prey for yourself, but you should prey for others too.
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shift Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:43 am

...i dont think ive ever prayed for my self except when i was forced to in like church and stuff Shocked

..lol i jsut remembered when i was really little, i had no idea what to do in church and when we were supposed to prey silentley id always wish for an N64....lol

and i got it Shocked
Shift
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shayphis Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:26 pm

darkmage94 wrote:Well i dont exactly think that if you ignore God then he will ignore u i think he watches over all of us, not exactly like some CIA spook , but thier have been times when a guy who believes theres no God gets saved by God from some disaster.

How do you know he was saved by God? If he doesn't believe in God then he might believe it was just a freak accident that he lived. To others who are closer to god, yes it could seem as a miracle by god to save this man, but in reality, no one can say for sure. Judging by your current faith in him.

And God says in the bible that if you ignore him then he will ignore you and you wont share or be a part of his heavenly kingdom, but God also says that, even if you have lived a life of sin, that if you turn to him and dedicate yourself to him, he will accept you back. Basically the entire thing is based on your decision.

Shayphis

http://www.silenteternity.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:06 pm

"...And if thou subtracts from the words of this Book, He shall add unto you all the plagues mentioned, and subtract from you all of His blessings.."
~Revelations
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

https://darkproductions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Shayphis Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:25 pm

I remember reading that in Revelations. What its trying to say is if that you recite anything from the Book of Revelations you have to say it exactly as it was worded or you will be punished like in Damian's quote.

That's why i avoid that subject.

Shayphis

Back to top Go down

Post by darkmage94 Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Dudei agree with you on the revelations part but not so much on ur earlier part if God igonored us just cus we ignore him then most of us wouldnt be christian, many famous christians ignored God take Saul/Paul he was killing christians and on his way to kill more, and god God appeared to him Exclamation
darkmage94
darkmage94

Back to top Go down

Post by Shayphis Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 am

I think that's from proverbs, where its says God will ignore you if you ignore him, i have to look it up again. And i know what your saying with Saul/Paul, thats an example i looked over. God works in strange ways, thats all i can say.

Shayphis

Back to top Go down

Post by darkmage94 Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:34 pm

That sure is true
darkmage94
darkmage94

Back to top Go down

Post by Shift Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:53 am

Ive always been taught that god is always there, even if you ignore him.

Ive also been taught that if you had no knowledge of god when you die is different from being knowledgeable and ignoring god. I think this is applied when a baby dies. There are some theories that babies dont go to heaven because they have not been relieved of original sin. But i dont agree with them
Shift
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:00 am

I've always been taught to follow your own beliefs, and not let anyone change them, no matter what. So I'm not gonna argue this point.
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by HAWKEYE44 Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:06 am

riku1gundam wrote:Ive always been taught that god is always there, even if you ignore him.

Ive also been taught that if you had no knowledge of god when you die is different from being knowledgeable and ignoring god. I think this is applied when a baby dies. There are some theories that babies dont go to heaven because they have not been relieved of original sin. But i dont agree with them

I would have to agree with this, especially with ignoring God. A great biblical example would be from Jonah and the Whale. Jonah tried desperately to ignore and hide from God.
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shayphis Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 am

riku1gundam wrote:Ive always been taught that god is always there, even if you ignore him.

Thats incredibly insightful. And when you are born, you are born sinless, meaning you are worthy to go to heaven then and there, even if you haven't done anything. Its because you are not capable of sin at that age. You don't know the difference between right and wrong, so nothing you do will be condemned by God. If you die as a baby, you will go to heaven.

You have to remember that it is stated in the bible that your body is basically a tent for your soul given to you by God. In other words you lent it for your life. How you treat your body is one example that shows symbolically how much you respect the things god gives you. Once you know this, but you continue to harm yourself in whatever way, you are ignoring God's word of your own choosing.

You can't ignore something you don't know is there. Think hard about that. Once you have the knowledge of something is there, but you choose to ignore it and go on your mary way, that's because of you now and your current knowledge. Babies and very young children have not been taught about god, meaning they can't ignore him because they have no idea he exists.

Your right god is always there, but its up to us to seek him out through the teachings of others.

Shayphis

Back to top Go down

Post by Shift Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:52 pm

What about original sin?
Shift
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by darkmage94 Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:31 pm

what about the original sin ???? i dont follow u
darkmage94
darkmage94

Back to top Go down

Post by Shift Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:53 pm

you know what it is right? im talking about the subject i was talking about *cough look above cough*
Shift
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shayphis Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm just telling you what i remember reading. Note that most christians don't even accept the doctrine indicated by the terms "original sin" or "ancestral sin" because its not stated in the bible. Not just that, its not even found in Judaism, Hinduism, and Islam. I do recall original sin is a Roman Catholic teaching.

Anyways, I'm not sure what to tell you. I've never really got involved with original sin. But does it really seem right to punish babies and other very young children who are too young to even know about God for the sins of others many years ago? I'm not inclined to believe all babies go to hell because they haven't had the chance to repent sins that they didn't even do.

Shayphis

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:31 pm

I personally think that the whole 'original sin' deal is pretty damn hypocritical.

Church Dude:"Everyone has free will! You will only be punished or rewarded for things you yourself have done."

Bystander:"OH MY GAWD!! That baby just died!!"

Church dude:"It is in hell now."

Bystander:"Buh.. Why?!?!?!"

Church dude:"Because of something someone else did a long time ago."

Bystander:"But you said--"

Church dude:"THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS!!!"
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAWKEYE44 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Why are people such stereotypes of people who go to church!? I go to church every Sunday, believe me that doesn't make you perfect or anything.
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Believe it or not those are actual quotes.
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAWKEYE44 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Well, whatever. But not all of us are like that, and why are Christians always persecuted on threads like this you know what, what about the muslims? Hmm...
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm not persecuting Christians, I'm saying that the idea of original sin is bullskizzle.
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HAWKEYE44 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Okay, I agree, now what about muslims?
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:59 pm

They are also bullskizzle.
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum