Dark Productions V.2!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[UPCOMING]NIGHTSCAPE (read this topic!)

3 posters

Go down

[UPCOMING]NIGHTSCAPE (read this topic!) Empty [UPCOMING]NIGHTSCAPE (read this topic!)

Post by Damian Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Remember that thread in general where I said I was making a text rpg?

Yeah, that's what this is about. I have the rules mostly done, a list of playable character classes, a pretty detailed set of maps, and a fairly decent backstory (conquering writer's block FTW!)

So, all this and you must be thinking "Damian, you must be about ready to open it up and let people join!".

Erm, not quite. I'm having errors with the dice BBcode, and I still need to make a list of weapons, a list of spells, and a list of enimies, but other than that...

So, anyway, once I've got the dice system working, and a basic list of spells and weapons, I'll be opening it up for beta testing.

"Beta testing in a Text based RPG? wtf?"

Well, I want to see how easy/hard the rules are to understand, and get feedback concerning things I might add into the final version.

So, sign up for the beta here, and also discuss this as any other upcoming project.

PEOPLE SIGNED UP FOR THE BETA:
Klimactic
Shift

Last edited by Damian on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

https://darkproductions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

[UPCOMING]NIGHTSCAPE (read this topic!) Empty Re: [UPCOMING]NIGHTSCAPE (read this topic!)

Post by Klimactic Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:46 pm

I want to do the Beta, probably won't be in the actual RPG though. Back in Fortuitous I tried this, but it didn't work too well with the website. I dunno if it'll be worth it or not.
Klimactic
Klimactic

Back to top Go down

[UPCOMING]NIGHTSCAPE (read this topic!) Empty Re: [UPCOMING]NIGHTSCAPE (read this topic!)

Post by Damian Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:48 pm

I've got a separate website for this, away from DarkProductions. Less leg when you spread that much text over a couple of different threads then cramming two books worth of shit into one thread.
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Klimactic Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Ah, OK.
You know what? I'm gonna make an RPG over at the Battlefield thing I made.
-There, my RPG is done. What's the concept of this one?
Klimactic
Klimactic

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:08 pm

There is no concept, really. It's a game, and it can be played countless times, in countless ways. The storyline will be completely shaped by the players.

Also:
I need help with this. Not with the story, or the maps, but with the spells. I just can't singlehandedly write down all the spells that would be needed to make this feel like what I want it to. I just kind of crap out after coming up with one or two spells, the I go play some BIOSHOCK 2. So, if you wanna help, PM me, and I'll send you a link to the site this'll be on, and you get your name on the copyright.
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Klimactic Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Alright, I'll think some up tomorrow.
Klimactic
Klimactic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shift Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:44 am

I could possibly help out with anything you need.

Im interested in the BETA and if it works out, the RPG.
Shift
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Awesome. Like I said, I need spells. And some illustrations, since the current theme doesn't fit very well.
Damian
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down