Dark Productions V.2!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running Amok

3 posters

Go down

Running Amok Empty Running Amok

Post by RustyMagnum Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:07 am

Running Amok = to act in uncontrollable rage; to cause devastation by furious acts; attempt or manage to injure or kill anyone around; to suddenly show signs of furiousness without earlier signs of anger or rage.

So as even most of DeletionQuality people didn't know, i was writing a book/comic hybrid called Patriot for half-a-year. I got a virus on my computer few weeks ago, and although i was able to recover most of my files, i lost Patriot for forever. Didn't arse to start from square one right on, instead i decided to let the idea rest and build up some more and wrote a new story for your entertainment.

Basicly, Running Amok resembles my occasional frustration against the sociality around me, and acts as a kind of a stress reliefer. It's a story about a man that serves his country for years, risking his life more than once, just to be awarded with a cheap Rolex-copy. One day he snaps and goes berserk. Two FBI agents are put after him, but the irreversible has already begun, and chaos encounters.

Strongly inspired by a very basic-level (man, i love word ''basic'') running amok-story, Falling Down. I recommend the movie for everyone of you.

But, as i stated on DQ, the continuation for the story depends highly on how much attention it gets. If i have, like, one reader that doesn't even comment on the story, i ain't gonna be doing it anymore. So people, if you read the story, you gotta comment on it. If you're about to quit, give me feedback on how to make my future stories more interesting. Tenth post i'm making in a row without any comments in the middle really doesn't give me a feeling that someone's following the story. So, yeah.

I'll be posting the first chapters as Christmas is over.
RustyMagnum
RustyMagnum

http://rustymagnum.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Running Amok Empty Re: Running Amok

Post by Klimactic Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:57 am

Sounds great. You'll have lots of readers, trust me.
Klimactic
Klimactic

Back to top Go down

Post by HAWKEYE44 Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:30 pm

Once again, can't wait.
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyMagnum Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:51 am

Here comes.

Tyler Baez stroke a higher gear on and speed over the Highway Bridge. Heavy engine of the Scania truck rumbled and the pointer on the speedometer slowly rose over it’s top point towards the maximum speed, 107 kilometers per hour. Most of the other drivers on the bridge weren’t in such a hurry as he was, so he had to dodge the smaller cars. Midday sun reflected on the passenger side mirror. In the distance, loomed the huge, boxy building, The Pentagon.
Tyler switched the gears down and snapped on the right signal light. Then he turned the big wheel around and slowly steered right over the turnoff towards the Columbia Island. The heavy vehicle accelerated slowly over the little bridge, but as Tyler peeked over the Lagoon at the other highway, passing over another on the shore, he knew that there was no hurry now.
Returning his eyes on the road, Tyler noticed he almost jabbed some sedan in front of him. Almost painfully slowly, he changed lanes and speed past the sedan, towards another intersection, linking the two roads together towards the Memorial Bridge intersection.
Tyler jacked the stick on the highest gear and let the truck slowly rev up on the straight. Then he checked his equipment, which was all set and ready to go. Soon it would be going.
The intersection closed up. Tyler watched the speedometer rise and gently turned the wheel to the long turn. The four black, heavily modified Ford Explorer SUVs drove faster than the other traffic so that any hatchers would be revealed for driving as fast as the convoy, and were closing to the intersection. Tyler switched back to the outer lane once it was clear.
The intersection was now only a few ten meters away from both of them. Tyler quickly deduced that by switching off to the middle of the lanes just a moment before would guarantee him the best hit. His hands grabbed the wheel harder, as he closed in to the intersection. No outsider cars were in the way.
Tyler peeked the speedometer. He was coming at the point of impact pretty fast.
No matter. He wasn’t going to take anyone alive anyways.

Forgive the shortness of the first chapter.
RustyMagnum
RustyMagnum

Back to top Go down

Post by HAWKEYE44 Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:33 pm

It's pretty good, but some of the grammar is not that great. That was all that I noticed.
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyMagnum Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:11 am

Yeah, my grammar tends to go bad when doing long texts. Although i have Word 2007 now, it fixes the worst mistakes.

The Ford Explorers had been modified with heavy armoring inside the vehicle, bulletproof glasses, auto-fire-extinguishers, run-flat tires and all the other standard features of a heavy-duty VIP protection vehicles, but none of their protection systems could hold back 10 tons of brutal mass, slamming into the flank hundred kilometers per hour. Tyler closed his eyes and grinned, as the Scania smashed into the Ford and almost literally cut it in half. The fences on the sides of the road couldn’t hold the force of the truck, and the Ford was thrown to the embankment.
Tyler stepped on the brakes and turned the wheel around. The truck had magnificent break system, and the tires screamed. The smashed vehicle stopped half off to the bank, engine smoking. The Ford instead rolled over twice and rammed on it’s side.
But it wasn’t over yet. It had just begun. The three other Explorers stopped tires smoking, and the men, dressed in white shirts, brown jeans and black vests, rushed out from the doors. Before they got a sense of what really just happened, Tyler bent himself off the seat and laid on the middle console, reaching out an RPG-7 rocket launcher from the back of the cabin.
The door window, along with all the other windows on the truck, had shattered on the impact, so it was easy to kick broken. Tyler quickly stumbled up, shouldered the huge tube and took aim through the crosshairs.
The backblast of the launcher launched a huge, thick cloud of grey smoke inside the cabin. A small flame burnt the passenger seat, breaking the other window, and a green High Explosive Anti-Tank rocket flew off. The security personnel, exiting the SUV that had been the last one in the convoy, had no chance to dodge the incoming weapon, and a violent explosion engulfed the car inside itself, blowing it to pieces and throwing them all around the highway. The shockwave hit the truck, and Tyler dropped on his back. A piece from the SUV dropped on the roof of the truck and left a small dent.
The trespassers, that had exited their vehicles to examine what had just happened, first hit the ground and then escaped screaming in panic, either by their cars or just running, leaving everything behind.
Tyler wiped the dust that had flooded in from the window off his face and threw the now useless RPG tube away. The dust cloud slowly disappeared, and the last pieces of metal came down, as Tyler grabbed an M16A4 assault rifle from where he had just took the RPG. He checked that a round was chambered, removed the safety, took an ammo belt out from the back and put it on. Then he took a black bulletproof vest, slided it on himself, kicked the door open and jumped out to the road.
All the men around the blown car had lodged all around the highway, immobile. The Ford he had rammed down had been mangled into such a piece of scrap metal that no one inside either wasn’t alive or couldn’t do anything effective. The fuel from the blown SUV’s tank burnt.
Security officers at the two remaining SUVs had also been thrown to the ground by the shockwave, and Tyler quickly pointed the red dot reflex sight on his rifle towards one of the men, trying to get up and grab his weapon. He fired three almost precisely straight shots on him, and they hit him on the throat area. He fell right back down, but another man came around the car, firing his sub-machine gun. Tyler crouched by instincts and could almost feel the bullet’s heat, going past his head. He walked forwards the car and fired at the man before this could get him in his sights again, taking him down too.
At least two other men got themselves up and another two were inside the closest Ford, covering the VIP. Tyler approached them shoulders squatted, scouting the darkened windows. As the other of the two men outside made a mistake and stood up, Tyler moved the sights on him and fired again. The man got hit in the head and fell down.
Tyler was still in the open, crossing the highway, and the other man shot several rounds at him from behind the Ford, forcing Tyler to crouch down. The doors on the other side of the Ford opened, and the bodyguards were likely taking the VIP away. Police car sirens rang in the distance.
The bodyguard kept on spraying more round on full automatic towards Tyler, who dodged as down as he could. He saw the man’s feet from under the car and without hesitation pulled rounds at them. The man cried in pain and fell on the ground, and Tyler quickly dashed to the Ford, kicking the man in his head before he could get out his pistol, stunning him.
Three bodyguards were taking the VIP behind the other vehicle, covering him with themselves on all sides. Tyler ran up to the closer Ford and fired the rest of his magazine at them. The police was closer and closer, and soon it would really be hard to catch the man. Tyler dropped the empty magazine to the dump pouch on his belt and pulled a new one out, stroking it in the gun and releasing the bolt.
The last bodyguard turned around and fired at him. Bullets shattered the window and threw sparks from the hood, and Tyler quickly ducked around the car, peeked out from the left side and fired at the bodyguard, who slammed against the car and fell down wounded. Not stopping here, Tyler moved the aims over the three men left and fired furiously towards them. The closest one fell down dead, blood dripping from his head, and the two other’s legs shattered in the burst of lead.
Tyler reloaded again and left the cover of the car. Police sirens were so close now he could see their lights flashing on the Memorial Bridge, so he just ran for the two wounded men. The other one, dressed in a black suit, turned on his back.
>>What is this?>> This aging man, that looked like some actor, asked in pains.
>>What do you want?>>
Tyler’s pulse rose. There he was, the man he had thrown all his life away for. Man who was responsible for that he had nothing left in this world. That man. Finally there.
>>What is this? I am a…>>
>>Be whatever the fuck you want to,>> Tyler said, >>it doesn’t help you or me at all.>>
Six shots rang out. The man fell dead.
Tyler stared at the body. First one down.

It's chapter 2 now.
RustyMagnum
RustyMagnum

Back to top Go down

Post by HAWKEYE44 Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 am

I am loving this, and my parents drive ford explorers! Very Happy
HAWKEYE44
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyMagnum Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:22 am

HAWKEYE44 wrote:I am loving this, and my parents drive ford explorers! Very Happy

Holy shit! Such coincidence! There must be a bigger plan behind all this.

Actually my dad drives a Scania truck also so...
RustyMagnum
RustyMagnum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum