The Iraq War

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Zola on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:40 pm

HAWKEYE44 wrote:You think I meant a passion for killing, no I meant a passion for country. And Zola, tell me, what country are you from.

yeah, I meant for the killing...
I already told you, I'm from Serbia Smile
avatar
Zola
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 319
Points : 323
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 25
Location : Serbia-Belgrade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Okay, just curious. And why exactly are you a against the Iraq war, and don't give me the bull of, "I don't like war." Okay?

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Zola on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:45 pm

HAWKEYE44 wrote:Okay, just curious. And why exactly are you a against the Iraq war, and don't give me the bull of, "I don't like war." Okay?

many innocent people had died in war, I know that...
And I especially know what is like when bombs are falling from the sky (when your country bombed my country)!
avatar
Zola
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 319
Points : 323
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 25
Location : Serbia-Belgrade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Well, I'm sure there was a reason for the bombing, or else there would be a war right now between these countries. And yes many innocent people do die in a war, but it is a risk. I'm sorry but a country is more important than a few people. I know that that sounds cruel, but its true. And here is my cycle that I figured out about two years ago on how peace is impossible. Alright, first there is peace, then someone takes advantage of the peace. Then there is a war, someone wins the war and peace begins. Then the cycle restarts. Lets face it this is how our world is, be realistic.

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Damian on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Read Anthony Pierce's Incarnations of Imortality books, particularly With a Red Sword, it has some very interesting perspectives on war.

_________________
Il est venu à mon attention que les programmes de traducteur ne fonctionnent pas toujours correctement. Pour fixer ceci, j'utilise plusieurs traducteurs, puis traduis les traductions pour l'exactitude.


Naval Sevice Ribbons:

Granted for my service in the campaign on the region 'Free Thought'.
avatar
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Posts : 877
Points : 1000000609
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 1282
Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

View user profile http://darkproductions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:19 pm

Tell me about his perspectives.

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Shift on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:41 am

OK Zola. Why do you think America has won just about every war? They fight for our country. Not because we want to. You wouldn't believe what a morale boost you get when you're fighting for something important. Onto more pressing matters.

Innocent lives lost? I no this sounds cruel, but guess what? Its LIFE.

Honestly. how many "innocent" people do you think die everyday as not an act of war? Crime, murder, Illnesses, natural death. Don't go giving me this bull shit of war being the sole cause of all the innocent death in the world. Hell, war doesn't even count for half of the death of the worlds "innocent" people.

War is inevitable. you know why? because there are 7 billion people in the world. Everyone isn't going to have the SAME belief. you know why we make war? its because were humans that have free will. Therefore we can have any belief we want. Think about religions (please dont bring religion into this just because i gave an example), there are so many different religions. You know why? because WE ARE HUMANS.

i dare you guys to try and fight with me. I will destroy you Twisted Evil


*bzzt* end of rant.
avatar
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 566
Points : 596
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:32 am

Why would I fight with you, if I completely agree with you.

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Damian on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:05 am

HAWKEYE44 wrote:Tell me about his perspectives.

Well his perspectives are unkown to me, but the characters have some interesting persectives on war, death, good, evil.
The one I was refering to comes from several conversations between Mym, incarnation of War, Zane, incarnation of Death, Lachesial, first of the three incarnations of Fate, and Satan, incarnation of Evil.

Basicly it says:
"War is inevitable. It weeds out the weak, performing massive natural selection for us, when we begin to lose sight of it. It allows those who belive in it to reach their heaven. It allows those who believe in somthing to fight, and to show that they are superior. It ensures that the strongest, smartest, most able people survive, making it better for humankind as a whole in the long run."

Or somthing like that.

If you want the books, they are:
On a Pale Horse
Bearing an Hourglass
Being a Green Mother
With a Red Sword
Having a tangled skien
For Love of Evil

and finally,
And, Eternity

_________________
Il est venu à mon attention que les programmes de traducteur ne fonctionnent pas toujours correctement. Pour fixer ceci, j'utilise plusieurs traducteurs, puis traduis les traductions pour l'exactitude.


Naval Sevice Ribbons:

Granted for my service in the campaign on the region 'Free Thought'.
avatar
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Posts : 877
Points : 1000000609
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 1282
Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

View user profile http://darkproductions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Shift on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:18 am

that guys is amazing. i never thought of war as our form of "natural selection" Completley true O_o

my rant completley coincides with his rant...

btw hawkeye, i was reffering to Zola when i said that.
avatar
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 566
Points : 596
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:51 am

Oh, okay Riku, just checking. And Damian, now I want to read those books. That guy knows what he's talking about.

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Zola on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:49 am

riku1gundam wrote:OK Zola. Why do you think America has won just about every war? They fight for our country. Not because we want to. You wouldn't believe what a morale boost you get when you're fighting for something important. Onto more pressing matters.

Innocent lives lost? I no this sounds cruel, but guess what? Its LIFE.

Honestly. how many "innocent" people do you think die everyday as not an act of war? Crime, murder, Illnesses, natural death. Don't go giving me this bull shit of war being the sole cause of all the innocent death in the world. Hell, war doesn't even count for half of the death of the worlds "innocent" people.

War is inevitable. you know why? because there are 7 billion people in the world. Everyone isn't going to have the SAME belief. you know why we make war? its because were humans that have free will. Therefore we can have any belief we want. Think about religions (please dont bring religion into this just because i gave an example), there are so many different religions. You know why? because WE ARE HUMANS.

i dare you guys to try and fight with me. I will destroy you Twisted Evil


*bzzt* end of rant.

I didn't said that America wins every war...
I've just said that I know how it feels when bombs are falling from the sky (a bomb nearly hit my house)...
And that isn't life!
Life is cruel i know that, but in the world are always and shall be some idiots who think that they are the strongest and fight with others Mad
avatar
Zola
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 319
Points : 323
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 25
Location : Serbia-Belgrade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:17 am

Well, no offense, but America has the strongest military in the world. Just look at our green berets and marines. Also, America has never lost a war, we left Vietnam. We didn't surrender, just left, and it wasn't an actual war. We never actually declared war.

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Zola on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:50 am

HAWKEYE44 wrote:Well, no offense, but America has the strongest military in the world. Just look at our green berets and marines. Also, America has never lost a war, we left Vietnam. We didn't surrender, just left, and it wasn't an actual war. We never actually declared war.

I know,but you are wrong, in the past America had lost several wars... Razz
avatar
Zola
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 319
Points : 323
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 25
Location : Serbia-Belgrade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Give me examples of these war that we "lost".

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Damian on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:39 pm

HAWKEYE44 wrote:Oh, okay Riku, just checking. And Damian, now I want to read those books. That guy knows what he's talking about.

What I find funny as hell about those books is that it's in a supernatural setting, with supernatural characters, performing supernatural deeds, with God and Satan as characters, and yet... The author is agnostic.

_________________
Il est venu à mon attention que les programmes de traducteur ne fonctionnent pas toujours correctement. Pour fixer ceci, j'utilise plusieurs traducteurs, puis traduis les traductions pour l'exactitude.


Naval Sevice Ribbons:

Granted for my service in the campaign on the region 'Free Thought'.
avatar
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Posts : 877
Points : 1000000609
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 1282
Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

View user profile http://darkproductions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Zola on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:46 pm

HAWKEYE44 wrote:Give me examples of these war that we "lost".

I will give them to you tomorrow, I have to study Crying or Very sad
avatar
Zola
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 319
Points : 323
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 25
Location : Serbia-Belgrade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Damian on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:48 pm

HAWKEYE44 wrote:Give me examples of these war that we "lost".

The war on drugs.

_________________
Il est venu à mon attention que les programmes de traducteur ne fonctionnent pas toujours correctement. Pour fixer ceci, j'utilise plusieurs traducteurs, puis traduis les traductions pour l'exactitude.


Naval Sevice Ribbons:

Granted for my service in the campaign on the region 'Free Thought'.
avatar
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Posts : 877
Points : 1000000609
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 1282
Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

View user profile http://darkproductions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Harharhar

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Shift on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:58 pm

Ok the united states of america were officially formed after The Revolutionary war, so sayign that, we havn't lost many wars, except for maybe the exception for the vietnam, we havn't lost ANY wars. if we had lost anywars, we would have been screwed. I dont feel liek ranting today cuz my friends are distracting me but tommorrow ill get you. In fact come back later after school is over. I wil get you Zola.
avatar
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 566
Points : 596
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 am

Vietnam wasn't a war, it was never passed to be a war by congress. We were basically policing them.

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Damian on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 am

....And we left it anyway, so even if it was a war, we didn't lose.

_________________
Il est venu à mon attention que les programmes de traducteur ne fonctionnent pas toujours correctement. Pour fixer ceci, j'utilise plusieurs traducteurs, puis traduis les traductions pour l'exactitude.


Naval Sevice Ribbons:

Granted for my service in the campaign on the region 'Free Thought'.
avatar
Damian
Sith Admin
Sith Admin

Posts : 877
Points : 1000000609
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 1282
Location : the number you have dialed is currently out of service, please hang up and try again.

View user profile http://darkproductions.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Shift on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:58 am

thats what i said, but my friend kept on saying since we left, we basically forefeighted.
avatar
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 566
Points : 596
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by HAWKEYE44 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:46 am

Or we just didn't care anymore. Too many dang hippies protesting anyway.

_________________
"When drawn and talk of peace. I hate the word as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and thee. Have at thee coward!" Tybalt, Romeo and Juliet act 1 scene 1
avatar
HAWKEYE44
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1198
Points : 1283
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 24
Location : Lenhartsville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Shift on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:04 am

xD

but i cant believe we would spit on our soldiers as they came out of the plane after the war D:
avatar
Shift
Fanatic
Fanatic

Posts : 566
Points : 596
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2009-09-24
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Iraq War

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum